Friday, 2 October 2009

Typhoon Ketsana Kills 11 in Cambodia



Post by CAAI News Media http://www.khmernz.blogspot.com/

NTDTV

Eleven people in central Cambodia are dead after Typhoon Ketsana struck Kompong Thom Province on Wednesday the 30th.

Dozens of houses have been destroyed by the storm leaving victims struggling to recover their belongings.

[Meng Sun, Home Owner]:  "I was sleeping in my bed there and at around 4:30, I moved to cook in my kitchen then the typhoon hit my house."

Local officials are on the scene attempting to help victims return to normal.

[Chhun Choan, Governor, Kompong Thom]:  "I ordered my armed forces, and police to help people as best as they can to bring them to normal life."

Ketsana began its path of destruction in the Philippines earlier this week killing nearly 250 people there.

On Tuesday, the storm moved through Vietnam where officials have reported 40 deaths.
A new storm system is brewing over the Pacific Ocean and forecasters expect it to make landfall on the northern Philippine island of Luzon by Thursday, October 1st.

No comments: