Thursday, 10 December 2009

Cambodian delegates share their thoughts



(Posted by CAAI News Media)

Thursday, 10 December 2009 15:00 Ung Chamrouen

REPORT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Ung Chamrouen

Pentanque coach Em Heang: “My players have got their energy back after two days of travelling. We have 24 players, and they will play in 11 events. So my players will try their best to get the medals. However I know that others opponents have also worked hard, especially the Thailand, Laos and Vietnam teams who are also the best in petanque.”

Petanque player Ya Chandararith: “We’re here with the hope of getting medals, but we can’t predict the result.”

Archery coach Kong Diep: “We have a good place to stay. Honestly, its better than the 2007 SEA Games in Thailand, but my students don’t adapt well to the food. I think that athletes [from other countries] don’t feel tired like us because they came here by plane and we spent two whole days traveling by bus.”

Archer Chuon Omrin: “It will be a big challenge for me because, in the training camps, I will meet many athletes from other countries. Some of them have won medals at previous SEA Games, but I don’t care anymore. I’m sure that it won’t be the last time, and I will try my best to reach the last round.”

Assistant tennis coach Chea Peou: “The accommodation in Laos is good, and the players have adapted well to the environment. Now they are training regularly. Bun Kenny, who had problems with health, now seems to be back to normal.”

Beach volleyball coach Ky Mengham: “The climate is one of the biggest problems for the athletes. It’s cold here, but my four players try to adapt to the weather. In beach volleyball, Thailand and Indonesia will be the hardest opponents for us, but we are not intimidated.”

No comments: